* registration is required
Weekly Walking Story Times: Hustontown – Lions Club Park (next to Forbes Road School
District) on Mondays – June 6 – July 25 (not July 4) at 10AM.
Arts Express (Ages 6-12) at Coyle Free Library: Mondays at 10AM *ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUESTED* Please sign-up no later than Friday, June 3rd for this program so that we ensure enough materials are available. Walk-ins will not be turned away but we may not have materials for you. (No program Monday, June 20th)*
Family Movies (All Ages) at Coyle Free Library Auditorium: Mondays at 1PM
- June 6 – Surf’s Up
- June 13 – Muppet Treasure Island
- June 24 –Luca
- June 27 – The Little Mermaid
- July 11 – Finding Dory
- July 18 – Atlantis
- July 25 – Oceans
- August 1 – Moana
Storytime with Miss Cheyenne at Besore Library (Ages birth – 5): Mondays, June 13 – July 25 at 6PM (no programs on June 20 and July 4)*
Storytime (Ages birth-5) at Coyle Free Library: Mondays at 6PM (No program Monday, June 20th)
Storytime with Miss Cheyenne at Besore Library (Ages birth – 5): Tuesdays, June 14 – July 26 at 10AM (no programs on July 5)*
Storytime (Ages birth-5) at Coyle Free Library: Tuesdays @ 10AM
Exploring Water with 4-H at Norlo Park (Ages 4 – 7, Siblings welcome): Tuesdays, 10AM, June 7th – August 2nd (no program July 5th) Rain location: Grove Family Library*
Drama Club for Beginners (Ages 9-12): Tuesdays @ 6PM: No prior experience in show business required! We will be creating our very own production with scenery, costumes, and performances all done by YOU! If you are interested in the performing arts, this program is a great way to get your feet wet. Scripts will be provided and participants are not required to take on a speaking role. Set and costume design (artists in the making) are just as important.
Weekly Walking Story Times, McConnellsburg – Lions Club Park (meet in trail parking lot, off the road below main parking lot): Wednesdays – June 8 – July 27 at 10AM
Get Outdoors! (All Ages): Wednesdays @ 10AM *LOCATIONS VARY*
- June 8 Memorial Park – Classic Games
- June 15 Henninger Field – Treasure Hunt
- June 22 Reservoir Hill Park – Obstacle Course
- June 29 Mike Waters Park – Tie Dye (Bring your own item)*
- July 13 Memorial Park – Fish Egg Hunt
- July 20 Henninger Field – Christmas in July
- July 28 Reservoir Hill Park – Sand Art & Sidewalk Chalk
- August 3 Mike Waters Park – Water Games
Watershed Field Trips (Families with children ages 8+): Wednesdays, 10:00 – 11:30 AM*
- June 8 Introduction – Caledonia State Park
- June 15 Bodies of Water – Pine Grove Furnace State Park
- June 22 Rain to Drain – Caledonia State Park
- June 29 What We Do Matters – Water Treatment Plant at 7659 Lincoln Way East (Rt. 30)
- July 6 NO PROGRAM
- July 13 Be a Water Quality Scientist – Caledonia State Park
- July 20 Ocean Pollution Solutions – Caledonia State Park
- July 27 Leave No Trace – TBA
- Aug. 3 Rain Date
Gardening Time (Ages birth-5) PSU EXTENSION, FRANKLIN FARM LANE: Thursdays @ 10AM
Get Outdoors! (All Ages) Thursdays @ 10AM *LOCATIONS VARY*
- June 9 Memorial Park – Classic Games
- June 16 Henninger Field – Treasure Hunt
- June 23 Reservoir Hill Park – Obstacle Course
- June 30 Mike Waters Park – Tie Dye (Bring your own item)*
- July 14 Memorial Park – Fish Egg Hunt
- July 21 Henninger Field – Christmas in July
- July 29 Reservoir Hill Park – Sand Art & Sidewalk Chalk
- August 4 Mike Waters Park – Water Games
Arts Express (Ages 6 – 11) at Grove Family Library: Friday 9:30 – 11:00 AM, July 1st – July 29th (no program July 8th)*
Mother Goose on the Loose: Laptime at Norlo Park (Ages 0 – 3 with caregiver – siblings welcome): Friday 10:00-10:30 AM June 10th through August 5th (no program July 8th)*
Storytime with Miss Cheyenne at Besore Library (Ages birth – 5): Fridays, June 17 – July 29 at 10AM (no programs on July 8)
Gardening Time (Ages birth-5) Fridays at 10AM: PSU EXTENSION, FRANKLIN FARM LANE
Exploring Water with 4-H (Ages 6-9) Fridays at 10AM at Coyle Free Library
Weekly Story Time & Craft at the St. Thomas Lutheran Pavilion on Friday June 3 – July 29 at 10:30AM
Friday Fun with Food: McConnellsburg High School Cafeteria at 11AM-12:30PM. Lunch is free for those 0-18. Adults 19 and older can get lunch for $3. June 17 – August 5
Family Movies (All Ages) – Fridays @ 6PM: Coyle Free Library Auditorium
- June 10 – Surf’s Up
- June 17 – Muppet Treasure Island
- July 1 – The Little Mermaid
- July 15 – Finding Dory
- July 22 – Atlantis
- July 29 – Oceans
- August 5 – Moana
Family-Friendly Movie Nights Fridays at 6:30 PM: Grove Family Library Community Room
- June 17 Luca (96 min.)
- July 15 Atlantis: The Lost Empire (95 min.)
- Aug. 19 Finding Dory (95 min.)
At Fulton County Library
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at Fulton County Library. Plan to participate in all three days. Must sign up by the Wednesday before so we know who to expect. Sign up by calling the library at 717-485-5327 or by emailing April at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Build Camp – June 7-9, 1-2:30PM. Elementary aged and up. Legos, lots of Legos. There will also be Keva planks, Magnatiles, and whatever else we get into.
- Art Camp – June 28-30, 1-2:30PM. 8 years old and up. Come create some oceany art together.
- Ukulele Camp – July 12-14, 1-2PM. 8 years old and up. This is our first time trying this. We shall attempt to learn some ukulele together. We have ukuleles and will have some music to get us started.
Geared for elementary aged through adults. Join us Tuesdays or Thursdays at 10AM each week in a different location for exciting activities.
- Possibilities For Pollinators! Thursday, June 16, Fulton County Library – Join Jerry and us to learn lots about pollinators and make your own free t-shirt.
- Stream-side Possibilities. Thursday, June 23, Spring Run Lane, McConnellsburg (5.0 miles South on 522 past the light) – Join us to learn about how local landowners work with the Fulton County Conservation District and see what’s living in our streams!
- Oceans below us. Tuesday, June 28, Buchanan State Forest Headquarters, 25185 Great Cove Rd, McConnellsburg – We’ll visit some sinkholes with one of our local foresters and discuss groundwater and enjoy a forest ramble.
- Possibilities in a Lake. Thursday, July 14, Meadow Grounds Lake, meet at the dam – The lake is full again! We’ll visit the lake and see what’s new.
- Keeping our Ocean Clean at Home. Tuesday, July 19, McConnellsburg Sewer Authority, 20789 Great Cove Rd, McConnellsburg – Do you know how our water is kept clean? Come find out!
- Keep Hydrated! Tuesday, July 26, Hustontown Branch Library, 313 Pitt Street, Hustontown – Join us for some fun exercise. Be sure to bring your water bottle!
- Possibilities in Farming. Tuesday, August 2, Rooster Dirt Farm, 197 Water Tank Lane, McConnellsburg – Mushrooms and Chickens and Pigs, Oh My! Come for a farm tour and meet our local mushroom growers.
At Lilian S. Besore Memorial Library
Family Movie Nights @ 4:00PM*
We will be showing ocean themed movies on our big screen in the programing room. Light refreshments will be provided.
- June 16 @ 4PM-5:45PM – “Finding Nemo”
- July 14 @ 4PM – 5:45PM – “Moana”
- August 4 @ 4PM – 5:45PM – “Luca”
Summer Science Program*
Thursday, June 23 @ 5:00PM-6:00PM
Join us for an ocean themed science program for kids ages 6-12. We will use experiments to explore the ocean, coral reef, and their inhabitants. There will also be a special showing of “The Magic School Bus: Takes a Dive”.
Book To Movie Club*
Thursday, July 21 @ 4:30-7:00PM
Check out a copy of Holes this summer at the library and join us for a special tween book club & movie night this July. We will be offering themed foods, and historical displays, and a special showing of the movie on our big screen to bring the story to life.
Teen Movie Musical Nights*
- Thursday June 30 @ 5:00PM-7:00PM “Grease”
- Thursday, July 28 @ 5:00PM-7:30PM “In the Heights”
At Grove Family Library
Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest (for children 14 and under)
Friday, July 22 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes awarded
Saturday Morning Family Play (All ages)*
9:30 – 11:30 AM
- June 11 Open (Art) Studio for Children
- July 9 Science & Stuff: Watery Fun!
- Aug 13 Block Party/LEGO Play
At St Thomas Library
July 6 at 10:00AM-12:00PM, Nellie Fox Bowl
July 14 at 2:30PM: Ryan Bridge “The BugMan” Pavilion at the St. Thomas Lutheran Church
At Alexander Hamilton Memorial Free Library
Tuesday, August 2
10AM – Besore Memorial Library, Greencastle
1PM – Monterey Park, Waynesboro
Saturday, August 6
10AM – Greene Township Park, Chambersburg
1PM – Cowan’s Gap, Fort Loudon
Please join us at the close of our Summer Splash to welcome the Strawberry Hill Animal Ambassadors! Their current animal Ambassadors include a variety of native turtles, amphibians, a skunk, and a barred owl. Trained naturalist-handlers will bring exciting “biofacts” for us to see, touch, smell, and hear! Located in South-Central Pennsylvania, Strawberry Hill has been teaching and promoting environmental stewardship since 1986 and is Adams County’s only nonprofit environmental education center. Contact your local library for more information, including each location’s specific times, and to register in advance (where required).
Saturday August 13
Alexander Hamilton Memorial Free Library: Join us at 10:30 for a performance of “The Little Mermaid” by Bright Star Touring Theatre! Based on the Hans Christian Andersen classic, this is an imaginative story about learning to make one’s way in unfamiliar waters (All Ages).
After the show, we’ll award prizes to those who participated in our Summer Reading Program, while enjoying some pizza and ice cream!